BE GREEN!

join, comment, contribute, and continue. what i have is just me and my opinions, but please consider green action!

How Many Worlds Do You Use?

Check THIS out. Be honest on the quiz - see how many Earths you would need if we all lived like you. I'll be honest, I take up 3 Earths. Then, check out the suggestions this site has for reducing your consumption.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Green Beer

No, I haven't forgotten the date for St. Patrick's Day (my last name's McNally, I'm well aware of the timing of that special holiday). I'm talking about some fun I had with three friends this past Friday.

I had appealed to one of my friends who brews fantastic beer at home to allow me to purchase some from her in an effort to reduce the carbon footprint of my "occasional" drinking nights (hey, it's summer, and I'm off...there's nothing wrong with having some fun).

She decided to take it even farther and start a "Ladies' Brewing Co-op", inviting many females to brew at her house and chip in on not only the money and work, but also the rewards.

I'm so impressed with how it turned out - there weren't too many people there, just me and three great friends, but our gracious hostess taught us some cool stuff about brewing. I learned that timing is everything :)

The coolest part about all of this is just how green our beer is (even though it may turn out red). All supplies were bought at a local store, and even the honey we added was locally produced (I'm talking, produced in the SAME town I live in).

I think it's really cool we could do this, and this post is more to thank my friend for not only saying yes to helping me buy locally brewed beer, but also for making an event out of it.

Latest update from the fermenting beer? "We have extremely happy yeast."

(I'll let you know how it tastes very soon).

1 comment:

  1. Too funny, Arielle. You've taken green living to a new high. (pun intended)

    ReplyDelete